I try to write blogs whenever I get spare time

Just to let you know what I am trying to learn and what I am doing now.

Getting started with Yahoo! Pipes.

I was overlooking any new Yahoo products as their existing other products gave me only a feeling of disgust. I heard about their new product " Yahoo! Pipes". I thought it would be another typical yahoo product. But one day, out of my own curiousity, I logged into pipes. And what I found afterward made me completely astonished. It is an amazing product. According to them:

"Pipes is a powerful composition tool to aggregate, manipulate, and mashup content from around the web."

I am going to show you a step by step introductory view of pipes. I'll give a tutorial of how images can be fetched from Flickr according to your parameters.

  • Go to Yahoo! Pipes.
  • Sign in with your yahoo account.
  • Choose "Create a pipe".
  • After the pipe editor has loaded, drag "Flickr " to the editor panel from the "Sources" category of the left pane.
  • Drag "Text input" to the editor pane from the "User inputs" category.
  • Edit fields of the "Text input" module as necessery: write "Search For" in the prompt field.
  • Write 1 in the position field.
  • Write "Sunset" in the Default field.
  • Connect this "Text Input" module with the text field "image for" in the Flickr module.
  • Drag "Location Input" to the editor pane from the "User inputs" category.
  • Edit fields of the "Location input" module as necessery: write "Location" in the prompt field.
  • Write 2 in the position field.
  • Write "Bangladesh" in the Default field.
  • Connect this "Location Input" module with the field "near" in the Flickr module.
  • Drag "Number Input" to the editor pane from the "User inputs" category.
  • Edit fields of the "Number input" module as necessery: write "Number of pics" in the prompt field.
  • Write 3 in the position field.
  • Write "10" in the Default field.
  • Connect this "Number Input" module with the text field after the "Find" in the Flickr module.
  • Finally connect the "Pipe Output" with the output connector of the "Flickr" module.

0 comments:

Post a Comment